[Dixielandjazz] Traditional Jazz Educators Network

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Feb 10 11:01:58 PST 2006

I was going to post this the other day when this first came out but
backed off:

Like our ( I think still buddy Mike Vax)  who understands probably
better than all of us about the educational system and music problems
across the USA IN SCHOOLS,   even though we sometimes piss each other
off,  The  first thing they have to do is RE-Teach The Teachers to
Teach Traditional Jazz  because so many of them have no idea what it is
since they were not taught it.

Mr. ROBINSON IS A RARE exception to the rule I would venture.
Thankfully he has taken up the torch, probably why he is not on this
list, too busy out there doing something about it.
And Jim Cullum's appearances and discussions hopefully got the message
across to some others at the OFTEN TOTALLY SELF CENTERED IAJE institute
which is a wonderful Institution  for those that like living in
Institutions.

Personally I never got off on sitting around contemplating my naval :))

Cheers,

Tom  " A Rolling Stone still gather's no Moss"  Wiggins

Don't see anybody throwing any Dirt on old Mick yet either and he is a
Hell of a lot more exciting on stage than Kenny G. or Michael Brecker
???    So looking at comparisons here we see there is room for
everybody, just not on the same stage at the same show. :))  Different
strokes for different folks.

Musical content:  "We live in Two Different Worlds"   (at least two,
maybe even planets ) :))