[Dixielandjazz] National Anthems

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Wed Feb 8 13:07:36 PST 2006

Some of the South American anthems are the way I described.  As I recall the
Ecuadorian anthem even changes meter and lasts forever.  The French National
anthem is only memorable for the first dozen bars or so and then just gets
lost somewhere.  There are a lot of poor ones and some very nice.  I think
England and Germany have nice melodic anthems that are to the point and
reasonable in length and can be sung by a human unlike ours.  Also other
countries don't seem to have seven different versions such as we have the
Roseanne version, the Jimmy Hendrix version, the person who can't sing
version, or this is out of my range version, the C&W version, the soul
version and everything in between.

If we didn't do it at the ballpark no one would ever know we even had one.
Larry Walton
St. Louis