FW: [Dixielandjazz] words

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Feb 8 11:37:22 PST 2006

Thanks to those who so quickly sent me the words to Amapola.  I only know
them in Spanish!

Bill also asked:
No charge . . . Are you gonna sing it? -- The lyrics are kind of syrupy.

So, I'm a syrupy (is that a word?) kinda guy!

Sometimes, on a very rare occasion, I can get our trumpeter to sing it (in
Spanish, of course), but he is a bit shy.  He does a lovely job on the
trumpet on it.  Light swing tempo.  Always brings a smile to the older
crowd.

I would like to try singing it in English at the same time as he sings it in
Spanish, but I don't know if he will do it!  I shall push & push...hoping to
get what I want, because I think it will be a laugh!

Jim