[Dixielandjazz] The Tween Market

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 8 09:45:05 PST 2006

Ron L'Herault at lherault at bu.edu wrote: (about tween movement by Disney)

> Doesn't this describe just about every "Andy Hardy" movie?   Too bad the
> tweens will never discover Rooney and Garland.

Yep, it describes every Rooney/Garland collaboration and some others.

And yes, too bad the tweens may never discover Rooney/Garland.

Then again, it would be too bad if we OKOM musical mavens never discover the
tweens. I guess it depends upon whether one looks backward or forward. I see
it as an indicator of a HUGE ongoing opportunity to build the audience we so
badly need. They seek tuneful music. Who better than us as a major supplier?

Cheers,
Steve