[Dixielandjazz] Interval music at the ball game

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Feb 7 17:08:13 PST 2006

Yep:  I do:

Under educated, mostly self taught Black American musicians, who did
not have music lessons form Jazz teachers or expensive colleges.   Most
of them got educated on the road and in the school  of hard knocks.

John Lee Hooker, Bo Diddley, Screamin Jay Hawkins, Howlin Wolf,  Muddy
Waters, B.B. King, Bessie Smith, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, James
Brown, and any old Blues singer they could find a record on.    Same
for Eric Clapton and Elvis Presley, Eric Burdon & The Animals, Van
Morrison, and lot of others we have grown to love or hate.

Cheers,

Tom ( who was lucky enough to work with many of them as well) Wiggins