[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: FREE "NEW ORLEANS CONCERT" - TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2006

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Feb 7 10:00:40 PST 2006

John,
I read dozens of press releases every week at KFJC - many are
horrible!  I was not sure if what you sent was a true PR, but I
thought it might be good to pass on a few hints on how to write a
good one.  Many of the volunteers that handle PR for jazz
performances and festivals (on both coasts) need a lot of hints ;-)

BTW, these sites have some good info: http://www.publicityinsider.com/
release.asp
and http://www.ehow.com/how_8793_write-press-release.html  (item 6
most important)