[Dixielandjazz] All of a Sudden My Heart Sings

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:42:02 PST 2006

Listmates . . .

I must apologize - a few days ago I was in a silly mood and posted a request
for a lead sheet to a song named "All of a Sudden My Heart Sings."  I
commented that it was a very complicated song.

Actually, I received quite a few responses seriously offering me information
on the song.

That was very nice of folks, but actually that song is probably the most
simple song ever penned.

The melody is an ascending tonic scale followed by a descending tonic scale.

That's it.

I really don't need a lead sheet - I was just trying to get people to laugh.

Sorry about that . . . I'll make a real effort to get a life.

Cheers,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com