[Dixielandjazz] Music Teachers

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 6 09:12:02 PST 2006

 I did one day a week at the school for about 8 years!>>

Hi Jim,
I do a weekly stint at a local school also. Not music, just trying to teach
the youngsters to read.  I love it and they are great kids (5/6 years old)
but I am afraid I break all the rules. The teachers look at me askance
because I hug the kids and ruffle their hair and tap them on the head with
my pencil when they don`t pay attention.  I have no patience with all this
PC clap trap. I appreciate that the teachers are running scared over being
sued for some misdemeanor or other but if they don`t like the way I do it
then they can dispense with my services at any time.
As the kids clamour for extra tuition when I offer it  can only assume I am
getting through. I hope.

Pat