[Dixielandjazz] Re: Anyone got a lead sheet

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 5 14:36:00 PST 2006

Dear Bill,
"(All of a Sudden) My Heart Sings" sung by Kathryn Grayson in MGM's 'Anchors
Aweigh', the 1945 film musical in which Gene Kelly shows Jerry, the mouse
half of Tom and Jerry, to dance.
"My Heart Sings" is a French composition by Laurent Herpin and Jamblan with
English words by Harold Rome, a prolific composer of scores for Broadway.
It was recorded at the time by Ms Grayson, Duke Ellington (for Victor, which
I have), Hidergarde and Martha Stewart.
Peggy Lee did it for Capitol in 1969.
It is more of a spoken piece rather than a song.
That should jog a few memories and, hopefully, flush out the lead sheet for
you.
Kind regards,
Bill.