[Dixielandjazz] Ronnie Scott's OT

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 21:41:08 PST 2006

I have fond memories of playing Ronnie Scott's Club back in 1972 with the
Kenton Band.  GREAT crowds and a wonderful atmosphere for jazz.  For a  big
band, the audience was right up on us.  All I can say is they  didn't seem to mind
that wall of sound that must have been pretty intense  in that small place.
But then English crowds were some of the best we had.  Stan was a true jazz
hero over there.  As has been said before, "Those were  the days!"
Mike Vax