[Dixielandjazz] Acting, singing...

Richard Stevens richard at thejazzfactory.net
Fri Feb 3 13:21:34 PST 2006

Hi All,
That would be Kevin SPacey I guess.

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net
-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Jim Kashishian
Sent: Saturday, 4 February 2006 6:14 AM
To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Acting, singing...

I wrote:
> just after having posted  about the  obviously marvelous talents of film
star Kevin Stacey >(actor,singer,dancer), and having seen other film stars
in monstrously talented
> showcases  in the last week of musicals coming by way of the U.K. Sky
> Movies.....

Ok, I'm the one that introduced movies to the list, but by way of mentioning
musicals.  And, I gave a report on the singing talents of a great actor.
And, in the film, he sings JAZZ!
Good, swinging Jazz.  Great version of Mack the Knife, with a full, big band
behind him.

(I've seen Broken Mountain, by the way, if anyone wishes to discuss
off-line.  Dunno why the music track is nominated for an Oscar!  Don't even
remember it, and it was a week ago that I saw it.)  BTW, a Spanish musician
friend, Alberto Iglesias, is also nominated for an Oscar for his music. No
relation to Julio.

Jim