[Dixielandjazz] Kenny & friends

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 3 06:17:22 PST 2006

Chisholm is a delight to listen to, also.>>

Hi Jim,

         I dont think Chisholm got the plaudits from the jazz  crowd  which
were his due because so many of the old f***s, of my age, remembered him
mainly for his clowning with the Squadronnaires.
He of course clowned with every band he was in. I remember a New Years  Eve
TV production from Scotland, probably featuring the Jimmy Shand Band from
the White Heather Club. This was a fixture with the BBC on those days.
George, with trombone, came right up to the camera, mugging outrageously,
eyebrows wriggling madly. He blew a lovely series of notes looked terribly
serious and said " There you are folks. The first G7th of 1972" The band
were falling about in the background.

Great entertainment.

Pat