[Dixielandjazz] Post-Genre Music?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Dec 31 14:16:26 PST 2006

Much of it still is in many parts of Europe as well,  I  have played
Jazz Festivals with the likes of  James Brown, Little Richard, Bo
Diddley,  Dionne WarwicK, Chuck Berry, Van Morrison, Fats, Domino,
Chaka Kahn, Patti Labelle, Sister Sledge, Solomon Burke, The
Commodores, Kool & The Gang, Brides of Funkenstein, B.B. King, Buddy
Guy, Ike Turner, and many others with all of them being billed as Jazz
 from the USA.   We have also of course played with many legitimate Jazz
artists of many sub genres of Jazz as well.

I don't have a problem with it, so long as they keep paying us well and
selling out the festivals and providing us with great appreciative
audience to work to.   I too am from the school  of thought that Jazz
encompasses a lot more than just Traditional or Dixieland and I do like
and appreciate many styles of it.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins