[Dixielandjazz] 43 more places to promote your music

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Dec 28 12:11:49 PST 2006

Hey you guys:

Here is a link to a valuable site where you that have any marketing
savvy or care about such things can find some places to review,
promote, play your CDs, sell your CDs  and promote your band and music.

NOt all of it is suitable for OKOm, but a lot of it is and more could
be if more of us utilized the sources and educated them a bit on how
good our INDIE MUSIC is.    Yes OKOM  is Indie music too.
Unfortunately because most of the okom bands don't promote or market
themselves these folks often have no idea what OKOm even is,  Remember
some of these kids have never even heard of the Beatles or Elvis.

Look it over and find some useful stuff and go get em.

Another great and very useful tool is the Sonicbids electronic press
kit,  ( EPK)  fast efficient booking tool and promotional tool to get
you exposure all over the world once you learn how to use it and are
not afraid of work.   Out of their current 90,000 + members  Saint
Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band is consistently on the top 50 viewed
EPKS list.  Too bad there are not more Good OKOM bands on the site
using one to promote the music.   Stay out of the Pay to Play drop
boxes however that is for the wannabes and amateurs, don't waste your
money submitting to any of them.     If and when any of you get one let
me know and I will show you how to use it very effectively.   They can
be sent to anyone with an email address for free and are much more
efficient and faster than mailing out a hard press kit which you can
then save for definite bookings and save thousands of dollars a year in
printing, CDs and postage just for starters.

Tom Wiggins
http://www.sonicbids.com/Saint Gabriel's Celestial brass band

http://www.indiebible.com/newsletter/dec2006.shtml