[Dixielandjazz] The Duchess Betty Owens-Assunto Passes Away

BOYER DONALD dnboy152 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 27 19:47:44 PST 2006

Mike - I'm very sorry to hear of Betty Owens-Assunto's passing.  I have many fond memories of her singing with the Dukes in the early 50's.  She has always been one of my favorite singers.  My sympathy to you and your family.

  Don Boyer, South Bend, IN

Mike Marois <Mike.Marois at HireLiveMusic.com> wrote:
  Good Evening All;

It is with a sad heart that I report that Betty Owens-Assunto has passed
away this afternoon. My Aunt Betty, as many of you remember, was married to
my Uncle Freddie Assunto and sang with the Original Dukes of Dixieland back
in the late 1940's and earlier 1950's. Funeral arrangements are still being
finalized but I will let you all know the details as soon as I get them.

Mike