[Dixielandjazz] Stanley Jordan

Mike Woitowicz banjomusic at charter.net
Sun Dec 24 08:46:22 PST 2006

The YouTube clip of Stanley Jordan forwarded by listmate Gary Kiser was great.

I would be willing to bet the 2nd guitar was tuned to a "G" chord so that it could be played without fingering a chord with the left hand. Possibly 3 strings to a G chord and 3 strings to a C chord.

We have a world class jazz guitarist in Southeastern Wisconsin, Jack Grassel, who does a similar finger style jazz guitar. Jack plays the melody  with several fingers while pickin' a moving bass line with other fingers, on the same hand. Jack has designed a special guitar (called a "Super Ax) with special pickups to accommodate this style of playing. It's amazing to watch and hear.

Mike Woitowicz
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band
www.banjomusic.biz