[Dixielandjazz] Radio announcing

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Fri Dec 22 12:39:01 PST 2006

Dave Richoux said (re KFJC):

"The DJs are trained to back-announce everything and playlists are available
on the website."

I'm very pleased to hear that - it annoys me intensely when a DJ plays a
bunch of recordings on the radio then fails to give any information about
them. One station in San Francisco (I forget which) is a leading offender,
once they played a blinding version of "There Ain't No Sweet Man Worth The
Salt Of My Tears" which stopped me in my tracks. I wanted to buy it there
and then but to this day I have no idea who recorded it (it wasn't Bix).

John Farrell