[Dixielandjazz] Gene Kupa's Band

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Thu Dec 21 21:53:07 PST 2006

Re Krupa and Roy Eldridge. For me, one of the most exciting jazz
performances of all time was Eldridge's trumpet work on Krupa's
recording of "After You've Gone"--a breakneck tempo with Roy soaring.
It's a cliche of jazz history that the great trumpet lineage goes from
Louis to Roy to Diz and Miles. Way too simple, but not far from true.
Eldridge was also featured with Shaw ad Goodman.

Charlie Suhor