[Dixielandjazz] Attacks vs. Criticism

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Dec 21 16:56:43 PST 2006

Listmates, In my previous post on this thread, I said that it was my final
post on the subject & I would not post again.  However, Steve finally
clarified what he meant.

Steve wrote:

 (snip)
 > It is the first part of
> the original post to which I disagreed:
(snip)

Judy's post:

(snip)
> "I get it now. You make a name for yourself being an  actor, writer and
> director then you hire a band of good musicians and go on tour. Then,
> places
> all over book you on your name and RIP OFF THE PUBLIC
(snip)

 Steve then continues:

(snip)
> "Rip off" has, as it's primary dictionary definition, "Steal or Rob" and
> as
> a secondary definition, to "cheat", exploit or take advantage of." Thus,
> me, the "opinion" included a PERSONAL ATTACK on the man, and the venues
> who
> booked him, in effect calling them crooks. That is what I object to.
(snip)

Whew!  Finally.

Thanks Steve.  It took a while but you finally explained what you meant.  If
you would have clarified this the first time I asked, we could have avoided
the rest of the e-mails.

Best,

--bob Ringwald