[Dixielandjazz] Spreading the word.

Kay Spencer kay2840 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 12:53:40 PST 2006

I also know of a ukelele band that could possibly get in on this....

  Kay in Gilroy

Bill Gunter <jazzboard at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Ringwald wrote to Jerry Gordon (concerning a potential Gordon/Gunter
concert):

>You & Gunter on washboards? That would be such a powerful act that I don't
>think our Jazz fans could handle it. We'd have cardiac arrests all over
>the
>place.

Especially among the washboard players!

Who could we get to back up such a show? Let's see, we'd probably need some
accordian players along with the mandatory banjos. Pete Main could bring his
sarousaphone and duck call. We mustn't forget the spoons and bones players
along with the bilabial fricatation virtuosity of the Reynolds Brothers and
Westy. Kazoos are certainly a must in any such aggregation! A washtub bass
and a stumpfiddle would fit right in. Then, to top it all off, we'd need
someone to make armpit farts.

Any ideas?

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "knock, bang, beep beep, flick, boom chucky-yucky-yuck, whirr,
tick-tick, boing, buzz, bong, ding-ding, rump-bump, rick-rack,
ring-a-ling-a-ling*" Gunter

* from Mason Williams

jazzboard at hotmail.com