[Dixielandjazz] What constitutes a competent musician?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Dec 19 19:36:21 PST 2006

A competent musician is one who does not write Bad checks, Pays well
and has a good calendar of gigs booked well in advance and is not
available for NEXT SATURDAY NIGHT JAM SESSION FOR FREE.

Usually scoffed at and also called a Bandleader :))  but that's another
subject  :))

Personally I am awaiting the release of the new Cd Duet with Woody and
Kenny.

Neither one of them give a rats pattuti about what anybody thinks of
their competence,  :))

Now can we get back to flattening some fifths?  me thinks ya'll have
beat Woody's Woody long enough, how about a thread about the real
reason they called Pee Wee, Pee Wee ?

Or did Jack really have Tea in the garden?

Was Benny really a Good Man ?

Was James really Hairy ?

Bored minds want to know. :))

Just stirrin' the Pot since Gunter doesn't seem to be doing it this
week, ya'll seem to be in a real Rut here mates.

Now here's some hot news to start a new thread:   I stopped by a local
Tower records going out of business sale a couple days ago,
and got a few good bargains, Liek a Yank Lawson & Bob Haggart Cd for
$4.00  The Yerba Buena Stompers $4.00 Harold  Duke Dejan and
Preservation Hall for $5.40 a Slide Hampton for $2.10, and a copy of
Blues in the Night by Johnny Mercer with 23 tunes for $1.99  and a
bunch of other stuff too, about $150.00 worth of CDs for $51.00   80%
off is a pretty good sale.   Sheeshe!   I wonder where all the artist
and songwriters royalties are going ?   Where is A.S.C.A.P. and B.M.I.
when and where they really should be.  hummm.

Yeah the system works really well as usual.

Cheers,

Tom