[Dixielandjazz] "New Orleans Bump" (was JALC NewOrleans Christmas)

Mike Meddings mike at doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 11:14:30 PST 2006

Hello Dave,

My guess is Monrovia the California town.   Jelly Roll is known to have been
in and around the area of Pasadena in early 1923 and he might just have
thought of the name of Monrovia (close by) for the title.

Monrovia is the name of my home.

Best wishes.

Mike.

Mike & Bill - Thanks!

This question will probably make me appear clueless: Which Monrovia
is being referenced in the title? The African country, the California
city, some part of New Orleans?  Mike, I see that the
doctorjazz.co.uk website is "© Monrovia Sound Studio" but there does
not seem to be an explanation of why that name was chosen.

BTW, I did find this: http://www.customflix.com/207424 a video called
"The Story of Jazz: New Orleans Stomp" that has  two full length
classic jazz music videos:
"New Orleans Bump" and  "Oh, Didn't He Ramble" but I have no idea
what they are.

Dave Richoux