[Dixielandjazz] Woody Allen and the audience

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Mon Dec 18 19:36:58 PST 2006

In a message dated 12/18/2006 6:46:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

What I am sticking up for is the freedom of any musician to play any  music
he/she feels like playing. And for any fan to listen to it or not listen  to
it. And all I ask is that fans stop criticizing musicians just because they
don't particularly like the music a  musician plays.

Your wrong Steve and that is what I  have been trying to tell you. It wasn't
the music, it was his lack of ability  to play it. I like New Orleans Style.
Not my favorite but I like it and it was  his playing that I am complaining
about. Had he played even partly as well as  in "Wild Man Blues", the only other
time I have heard him play, I would  not have complained but he didn't or
can't or whatever the reason, he did not  live up to his part of the bargain and
if he knows he is playing even worse  now and continues to sell tickets to
those who think he can play even as well  as he had before, then he really cheated
his  audience.

Again, I like the music!!!! I liked the rest of the  band!!!! It was Woody
who stank.

Jazz Hugs

Judie