[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 48, Issue 32

ALOHArose at aol.com ALOHArose at aol.com
Mon Dec 18 12:47:29 PST 2006

In a message dated 12/18/06 12:07:34 PM,
dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com writes:

> Like it or not, that's a choice for each of us and a valid one whichever way
> we choose. Bottom line, if there is an audience for what a musician does,
> than whatever it is he/she does has merit. Woody has an audience. Many of us
> do not.

Ya, Steve, BINGO.   I have been amazed at the uncharitable and condescending
remarks that belittle audiences who enjoy some musical modes, like Woody,
Kenny G., etc. Think of music the way they used to think of women in the 50s...all
women are good...but SOME are better.
And folks, didja ever hear of Feel Good music??? Its what music, especially
live music is all about. The core relationship between New Orleans performers
and their audience is the experience of FEEL GOOD MUSIC; an honorable NOLA
tradition which is the significant factor in guiding the music and generating a
satisfying musical experience.
Condescension for an audience enjoying themselves is self defeating for all
musicians. All roads lead to Rome.
ALOHA
Rose