[Dixielandjazz] Ed Ford (was Mound City Blue Blowers)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Dec 18 01:14:17 PST 2006

> Your pic of Ed Ford, I think, looks like the plank-shoes fella, much later
in life.<

Dear Hans and Mike (and other DJMLers who may interested in this somewhat
private thread).
I've not yet seem the MCBB clip which set this thread off.
However, I suggest that you are discussing Willie Hall, a brilliant
violinist with the Paul Whiteman orch in the 20s.
His film showpiece in the Paul Whiteman film 'The King Of Jazz' can be
accessed at the Red Hot Jazz Archive site, but (fortunately) is much easier
to find on <youtube.com> by searching for 'Willie Hall'.
I will not describe any of it. Go look for yourself.
Hilarious.
Even Steve B's protégé young Johnathon [whatshisname - sorry, my mind has
gone blank] would eat his heart out.
There is also a Spike Jones clip of Willie Hall doing a similar routine on
<youtube>
Take my word for it.
Worth a look.
Kind regards,