[Dixielandjazz] Woody Allen

OArkas at aol.com OArkas at aol.com
Sat Dec 16 15:31:01 PST 2006

Hi:
Been watching this thread and thinking about Woody Allen and his music.   I
saw the TV documentary on his European tour.   I remember that the spokesman
(banjo player I think) said that their style was a very archaic style of playing
that you won't hear any more.   Personally, I found that it sounded a lot
like folk music, and I enjoyed it.   Of course, in a couple of scenes Woody Allen
had a cold or something and couldn't even blow the clarinet.   I enjoyed it,
I have to say.   I guess it takes all kinds.   I do agree with Mr.
Barbone,though, that a lot of negative comments don't help the subject of this music we
all love.   If you go to Chris Tyle's web site:
http://www.geocities.com/silverleafjb/clarinet2.htm
Go to the link to the old, original recordings and give a listen.   I bet a
lot of fans of OKOM today, might be surprised.   Listen especially to the
clarinet players.
Anyway, Merry Christmas to all.
John