[Dixielandjazz] Is Rap a New Jazz Genre?

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 16 09:45:15 PST 2006

Good thought Ron but then, isn't that what many said about ODJB, Tom Brown,
et al., jazz in the very beginning? Some likened it to "The braying of a
deranged jackass". Others also opined it was not music.

And thank you for supporting jazz. You are doing a wonderful thing and I
hope list mates realize that.

Cheers,
Steve

on 12/16/06 11:33 AM, Ron Gable at rgable1 at bizwoh.rr.com wrote:

> First they have to convince me it's music; then I'll ponder on the answer to
> your question.
>
> Thanks for supporting jazz,
>
> Jazz Advocate & Writer
> Ronald L Gable
> 425 Dayton Towers Drive
> Apt. A3
> Dayton, Ohio 45410
> (937) 648-0627
> www.jazzadvocate.com

> If you have not done so; we want to encourage you to join with us in
> supporting jazz.
> Go here: http://www.jazzadvocate.com/Member%20Page/ to become an Advocate
> member.

(remainder snipped for brevity)