[Dixielandjazz] WOODY ALLEN CONCERT

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 21:59:55 PST 2006

First of all, to the person who told me right  here on this list that I
should see Woody Allen, you own me $150.00 for two  tickets. Lol This was a
Christmas present for my mom and I was embarrassed. I  actually lasted 40 min. before
telling her I would go outside and smoke a  cigarette and would wait for her
if she wanted to listen too anymore but she  joined me 10 min. later and we
just left.

I get it now. You make a name for yourself being an  actor, writer and
director then you hire a band of good musicians and go on  tour. Then, places all
over book you on your name and rip off the public  although there were plenty in
the audience who were clapping every time he  finished a solo. Is it just the
name?

I played Clarinet from grammar school into high school  and into the Women's
Army Corps Band. I was not a great Clarinet player,  actually better on E Flat
Alto, but I was better then Woody Allen and I gave it  up. I have been an
ardent fan of OKOM for over 30 years and have listened to  some great bands and
musicians and some not so great but never, in public, have  I heard a Clarinet
player worse then Woody Allen. Please someone tell me he was  better at one
time and then with age and no one giving him the word, just got  worse and worse.

After the first song, my Mom leaned in and asked me if  I thought he was
being funny. I said maybe but as the next song and the next was  played, I
couldn't think of any  reason anyone would play that bad unless  he just couldn't
play any better. The man never met a pretty note the whole  time. At first I
thought I could just listen to the other musicians in the band  and try to enjoy
them but this horrible sound keep coming through and I just  couldn't take it
anymore. I have never walked out on a concert in my life but I  guess there is
always a first time.

Just wait till I talk to John Gill after seeing him  and talking to him at
the San Diego Fest. and telling him that I was going to  the concert and he
never warned me at all.

Jazz  Hugs

Judie