[Dixielandjazz] FW: New Hot Jazz Channel Dec-Jan show now live......

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 15 03:07:48 PST 2006

Brian Harvey wrote:

> John Booth and Brian Harvey are pleased to announce that the latest edition
> of the record-breaking Hot Jazz Channel show is now live at
> www.radiojazz.co.uk

I'm enjoying listening to the programme. lots of interesting music. I've
got as far as the Ed Polcer /Eddie Condon All Stars, Nobody's
Sweetheart. The band sounds great, but the recording has been ruined by
an awful bass sound. It sounds like an elastic band. It sounds Di 'ed.
great shame because the session was swinging like mad. This is no
reflection on the musician concerned, but rather the recording
engineers. With all the technology we have today to produce super HiFi
recordings, why is it that many contemporary recordings sound pinched
and compressed? Has the art of recording real music to sound like real
music been lost?
Respectfully submitted
--
John Petters