[Dixielandjazz] Orifice Trumpet Playing was solo trumpet duet

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 10 07:17:27 PST 2006

"Bill Gunter" <jazzboard at hotmail.com> wrote

> Hi Bob (and all),
>
> You wrote (regarding solo trumpet techniques):
>
>> Your friend from UNLVcould NEVER be as talented as this guy who can play
>> trumpets from his EARS, believe it or not! If I hadn't seen it with my own
>> eyes and heard it with my own ears, I would never believe it could be.
>
> Now I have checked this out and I agree. But in order to complete the
> virtuosity of the performance I will wait until such time as you can "blow
> it out your ass."
>
> In Breathless anticipation,
>
> Bill "I'll tell you where you can stick that trumpet" Gunter
> jazzboard at hotmail.com

I take it Bill is waiting for a (w)hole note?

In that regard, there was a short movie or video years ago about a guy who
had a singing genital for his vaudeville act. He could not find his true
love until one day he met a female who had, you guessed it, a singing
genital.

The ventriloquism was quite well done, microphones placed properly etc.

Once they both realized it, they made beautiful music together, which was as
I recall  a Jeanette McDonald - Nelson Eddy duet, (Indian Love Call?) that
started "When I'm Calling You . . . . "

TRUE STORY which hopefully some other old guys like Bill G or me might
remember it in a little more detail.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Cheers,