[Dixielandjazz] Dave Black's Obit - LA TIMES

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Sat Dec 9 18:39:35 PST 2006

Dave was, until recently, occasionally playing with Phil Smith's
Gentlemen of Jazz, a swing trio (plus drums) appearing at an local
restaurant  here in  Napa .  I heard him several times and was always
amazed at the energy he put into his drumming.  I knew he had health
problems, but not  aware of the extent until the news of his death.

Don Robertson
Napa, CA