[Dixielandjazz] Tom Lord's Discography on CD-Rom 7.0 (NEW VERSION)

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 9 08:21:58 PST 2006

For your information. I have no financial interest in the below.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Now Available! The Jazz Discography CD-ROM Version 7.0  By Tom Lord
http://www.lordisco.com/

The JAZZ Discography gives you accurate, detailed recording information on
over 100 years of all genres of jazz. Looking for a specific jazz record or
CD? Want to find everything recorded by a particular bandleader or musician?
Want to know who played with whom, and when? Want to find who's recorded a
particular tune? You'll find all this and much, much more in The JAZZ
Discography, the world's largest, most complete catalog of recorded jazz.
First published as books... now available on CD-ROM 7.0
<http://www.lordisco.com/cdrom.html#top>

For over 14 years The JAZZ Discography books have been an invaluable
resource for serious jazz record buyers and collectors. This incredible
reference work is now available in affordable CD-ROM format containing the
equivalent of over 22,000 printed pages. CD-ROM Version 7.0 offers easy
access to detailed information on over 400,000 jazz releases on 78, 45, LP
and CD.

We are pleased to announce that The Jazz Discography CD-ROM Version 7.0 has
now published.  If you have bought previous versions of The Jazz Discography
CD-ROM you are automatically eligible to purchase Version 7.0 at half the
published price. But if you order your copy by December 31, 2006 you can
earn an additional 10% discount. See the Pricing Page on our web site. All
prices for CD-ROM 7.0 will increase by 10% effective January 1, 2007.

More recording sessions, more leaders and groups

Almost 10,000 new recording sessions have been added since CD-ROM Version
6.0 along with major leader section revisions and many updates throughout
the database.  CD-ROM Version 7.0 includes over 32,000 leaders, almost
170,000 recording sessions, almost 1,000,000 musician entries and almost
1,000,000 tune entries.

More convenient and user-friendly

Version 7.0 of our popular CD-ROM includes the enhanced search functions
previously available on version 6.0 plus some new features. Multi-searches
can now be sorted both chronologically and alphabetically by leader name.
The overall date search now allows searching over a range of dates.  The
search features of the CD-ROM Version 7.0 will allow you to find precisely
the recording information you want, quickly and easily. You can copy and
paste session data into your own records and, if you want hard-copy of the
data you find, you can print up to 50 recording sessions at one time.

More search options than ever before

CD-ROM Version 7.0 has been programmed to provide a virtual endless variety
of advanced searches. Searches can even be made by individual word (e.g.
"City") or a combination of two words (e.g. "Musician" + "Country"). Search
for a record label or just a general date.  Every field in the database can
be searched individually or in groups with a selection dialog box.  Also
included are leader, musician and tune indexes which provide "big picture"
summaries of each category.

You can find more details of these and other new features on the CD-ROM page
on our web site at http://www.lordisco.com/

Save 10% by ordering now!

See the Pricing Page on our website. Order by December 31, 2006 and you will
save 10%.   Order your copy by visiting the "Orders" page at our web site at
http://www.lordisco.com/

Lord Music Reference Inc.
Email: lord at lordisco.com