[Dixielandjazz] Video transfers for editing old VHS

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 8 19:19:10 PST 2006

Nancy and DJML--
     Hmm.  Can't you just dub or copy the VHS tape to a DVD, and then
read the DVD in your computer's CD/DVD player and copy the file to
your hard-drive (i can do this on my Mac)?  Once it's on your
hard-drive, seems like you could massage and edit it with iMovie or
whatever.  I have a combo VHS/DVD recorder that allows me to dub a
VHS tape to a DVD, but there are probably also electronics store that
would do this for you.  I think the resulting file would be MUCH too
large to fit on a CD, which can only hold 700 MB, unless you're
talking about a VHS piece that's only a couple of minutes long.

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**     "AGE, n.  That period of life in which we compound for the
**      vices that we still cherish by reviling those that we have
**      no longer the enterprise to commit." -- Ambrose Bierce