[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Pantheon of jazz loses a pillar <a href=

lrg4003 at aol.com lrg4003 at aol.com
Fri Dec 8 10:45:59 PST 2006

  Not sure if the initial link showed up so I'm re-forwarding. Here's the K.C. Star bio on Jay McShann. A huge favorite of mine---more notes than Basie, more blues than Tatum To my mind one of the great jump blues piano players ever and one the band leades who jump started Charlie Parker's career. I had the opportunity to hear Jay many times and even last year, although his voice had turned into more of a growl than a melody, his playing remained flawless.

 kc clarinet