[Dixielandjazz] Joe Ascione YouTube clip

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Fri Dec 8 09:56:08 PST 2006

Hello everyone,

Ever since he came out west with Ed Polcer¹s All-Stars, I¹ve been a fan of
NY drummer Joe Ascione. I¹ve always urged locals to come with me to the
concerts whenever Polcer was in our area, but not enough treated themselves
to the great music featuring Joe and others (Dan Barrett, Allan Vaché, John
Allred, Ken Peplowski, John Cocuzzi, and more).

Anyway, I found a YouTube clip of Joe Ascione with guitarist Frank Vignola.
In this video, Joe is giving some brushes a workout on nothing but a music
stand.

Frank Vignola & Joe Ascione - Gypsy Jazz Warm-up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQnn7FWKO-A

Together, they tour as the Frank & Joe Show. For their schedule, visit
http://www.franknjoe.com/
Not only is Joe extremely talented, he is a comic riot with lightening fast
wit.
(Though you¹ll have to see him live to witness it.)

Enjoy,
Nancy