[Dixielandjazz] John Petters Videos & dates

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 5 09:28:58 PST 2006

Greetings Listmates,
Please excuse a bit of blowing my own trumpet (or more correctly,
banging my own drum).

I have just uploaded a couple of new video clips to You Tube. The first
is from the Pakefield Jazz Festival in 2004 and features John Petters
Jazz’n’Swing Band with Ken Sims, Dave Bailey, Len Baldwin, Tim Phillips
and Annie Hawkins. It is a roaring version of 'Stevedore Stomp'.
The link is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIbFNNAdvJY

The second, 'I Found A New Baby'  features John Petters Swing Band with
young James Evans, David Blenkhorn (a brilliant young Australian
guitarist, living in London) and Keith Donald. It was recorded at the
October session at Harlow.
the link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YU3jOanSz4

And here some details of some forthcoming gigs UK members may find of
interest.

Thursday 7th December @ 7:30pm: The Queens Theatre, Billet Rd,
Hornchurch, Essex. Swinging Down Memory Lane with John Petters Swing
Band, featuring Val Wiseman & Nick Dawson, James Evans & Keith Donald.
Tickets: £15 from the Box Office: 01708 443 333 – but be quick as we
have sold over 400 seats already.

The programme features a salute to the great swing bands of the ‘30s &
‘40s, especially Benny Goodman & Gene Krupa. Val Wiseman will perform
two numbers popularised by the late Anita O’Day – Drummin’ Man & Opus
One plus musical tributes to Bing, Frank, Nat, Ella and Billie with
selection of hits from the great American Songbook.

There is a free downloadable track – 'Drummin’ Man' on our MySpace page.
Go to
http://www.myspace.com/johnpettersjazzampswingband

The CD of the show is available online at
http://www.traditional-jazz.com/mainpages/cdshop.htm

only £11 inc p&p

Monday 11th December @ 8pm: Satchmo’s @ The Haycock Hotel, London Rd
Wansford, nr Peterborough. The Special Magic of Benny Goodman with John
Petters Trio featuring Trevor Whiting and Nick Dawson. Tickets £10 in
advance or £12 on the door. Tel: 0800 496 0673.
See a video clip of Airmail Special filmed in October at Hornchurch Jazz
Club on YouTube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaaT30Rwe5Q

You can download 'Who' from the CD Stompin’ At The Savoy from MySpace
http://www.myspace.com/johnpettersjazzampswingband

or buy the CD at
http://www.traditional-jazz.com/mainpages/cdshop.htm

Thursday 21st December @ 8pm. St John’s Arts Centre, St John’s Walk,
Market St. Old Harlow, Essex: Jelly, James P & Fats with Martin Litton,
John Petters & Keith Donald. Tickets £10 from 0800 496 0673.
See Martin with the John Petters Band on You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stW83U_GimM

--
John Petters
www.traditional-jazz.com