[Dixielandjazz] Armstrong Cash

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Dec 4 21:59:59 PST 2006

Bob,
According to satchmo.net you are correct!

http://www.satchmo.net/bio/timeline/bio-70.shtml
> 1971
> Appears on many television shows, including The David Frost Show,
> The Dick Cavett Show, The Tonight Show, and a television special
> with Pearl Bailey. Records the poem "The Night Before Christmas" in
> the den of his Corona home. (It becomes his last commercial
> recording.) Performs for two weeks in the Empire Room of the
> Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City.
> Passes away in his sleep at his home in Corona.

  maybe Wolfe meant the Johnny Cash Shop appearance was the last
recorded TV performance that has survived? ( I read recently that
many priceless moments of TV history were recorded over - video tape
was expensive...)

Dave Richoux