[Dixielandjazz] Washboard Cental

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Sun Dec 3 21:46:42 PST 2006

Bob Ringwald posted the direct email address for the CEO of the Columbus
Washboard Co. in Logan, Ohio (est 1895 so no wash by night outfit!). In
the event that he, or Bill Gunter, or one of the other list mates has
not published the companies toll free hot line number, here it is.

1-800-343-7967  Web address http://www.columbuswashboard.com

Even though they are the last surviving American Washboard company, they
have had to diversify from their old "Maid=Rite" "family" washboards
made with the corrugated Brass metal to include ones for the tourists
and serious musicians, called "Rhythm Boards". They even spell it right!
  These have the smooth ribs like I believe the slip over Cajun ones.
Straps are extra.  Various other none standard sizes also available for
wall hangs etc.

Logan is in a very nice area of Ohio so if any of you are touring the
area you might want to check out the old factory and pick up an
"instrument" for your collection. I know they would like that. Try to
make it during the festival that Bob mentioned.  Although they try to
get bands that use a washboard, at least occasionally, they are not
limited to that type of band the whole weekend. All Gunter all the time
might be a bit much.  Sorry Bill. Nothing personal.

Just get a set of thimbles and you are on your way to stardom.

Mad Dawg