[Dixielandjazz] Choro-ish group from Brazil?

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Dec 3 15:51:19 PST 2006

Hans, (and all interested in "other directions" in trad jazz.)

Have you seen the YouTube clips of this group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZrh7zGUrjI  (and others)

I am not sure if it is Choro or what, but it sure is fun. It does
remind me of some Pixinguinha songs. it also reminds me of early New
Orleans jazz and Klezmer stuff.
Some great sousaphone & accordion driven small band things - fun!
The poster is from Barra Bonita, Brazil but I don't have much more at
this point.

Dave Richoux

BTW, what lead me to this group was another interesting ensemble from
Valencia, Spain (I think...)
http://tinyurl.com/y9zfpk

I did not know until just now that there is a huge tradition of wind
bands in Valencia!
http://www.musicanova.net/   has more.