[Dixielandjazz] Re: Blues Over Bodega

James O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Wed Aug 30 23:57:05 PDT 2006

Mike Logsdon wrote:

> > Bodega enthusiasts should also be aware of Ted Shafer's
> > Merry Makers CD of the related concert recorded at
> > Earthquake McGoon's, either just before or after
> > the on-site concert (I can't recall the
> > dates), called, I think, "Back to Bodega" or somesuch.<

Bill Haesler replied:

> ... I have that one too. It is called 'Lu Watters - Turk
> Murphy: Together Again. Blues on Bodega Bay'.
> Merry Makers MMRC-CD-8. Recorded on 28 July 1963.

I played with Ted Shafer's Jelly Roll Jazz Band on Tuesday, so I checked
with him.  He does still have this CD in stock.  Ted isn't on the Internet,
but you can order it by telephone by calling him at 707-422-1224.  If you
get the answering machine, leave a message and he'll call you back....

Jim O'Briant
Tuba
Gilroy, CA