[Dixielandjazz] Lu Watters & Turk Murphy -- 1963

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Tue Aug 29 19:15:15 PDT 2006

Bill Haelser wrote, in part:

	'Lu Watters - Turk Murphy: Together Again. Blues on Bodega
	Bay'. Merry Makers MMRC-CD-8. Recorded on 28 July 1963. The protest rally
	was held on 30 May 1963.

I should read these digests completely before springing (figuratively, only) into action and
searching for, then ordering, the CD, as Turk, someone I would overcome all obstacles to
see and hear when he showed up at the Savoy Lounge in Boston in the '50s, had a band I
have always enjoyed, and the thought that he and Lu were recorded together makes the
appeal of THAT CD irresistible. Earlier in this read-through of the digest I went and ordered
the the Lu Watters "Blues Over Bodega", based upon what DJMLrs had to say.
You can order the Turk/Lu CD from Worlds at
	http://www.worldsrecords.com/pages/artists/w/watters_lu/lu_watters_11473.html
Larry Swain