[Dixielandjazz] Re: Blues Over Bodega

Scott Anthony santh at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 29 17:33:59 PDT 2006

I have never been able to listen to the Lu and Turk Together Again CD all
the way through because it is really embarrasing. The band gets so plastered
through the sequence of tunes that the quality of the performance goes
straight down the toilet. There is one spot where I think half the band is
playing the verse to Louisiana, and the other half is playing the chorus.
That's where I had to quit. I'm not really a prude, but I think it is really
an awful recording. No wonder Turk never gave the go-ahead to release it
during his lifetime!

Scott