[Dixielandjazz] Required Reading

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 28 14:08:54 PDT 2006

Hi all,

John McClernan writes:

" . . . unfortunately the art of listening is dead. Ever since MTV, people
in the US listen to music with their eyes."

Thank Gawd I'm around to preserve the art. I don't watch MTV and I classify
myself as a person who listens to music with reasonable intelligence.

If the art is, as you say, "DEAD" then I assume you mean a significant
proportion of the listening public.  Takes a pretty large proportion of
Americans to successfully kill off the art of listening.

But, assuming that is so, I intend to do my part by breeding as many
Americans as possible with the objective of indoctrinating them with the
discipline of listening and while programming them to go forth and multiply
so as to replace the dying horde of MTV listeners with this renaissance of
the listening art.

No thanks are necessary. I plan to breed these listeners as a moral
obligation to the next generation.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Just doing my part" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com