[Dixielandjazz] Maynard's passing

Cebuisle2 at aol.com Cebuisle2 at aol.com
Fri Aug 25 08:17:14 PDT 2006

Maynard's web site stated he died after a short illness from liver and
kidney failure due to an "abdominal infection." He apparently was actively  playing
until shortly before death.

My question is- what kind of health was he in before the "abdominal
infection?"

and-why can't such infections be treated successfully? Anyone with  medical
expertise on the list? Or someone who was close enough to know the  medical
situation?

Is this something we older jazzers should be concerned about?? Other than
gunshot or stab wounds I've never heard of this being the cause of massive organ
 failure-

                                                                         Ted
  (puzzled)
\