[Dixielandjazz] Who is playing OKOM?

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 09:26:56 PDT 2006

In a message dated 8/19/2006 12:10:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jazzboard at hotmail.com writes:

Rap is a  total black (Eminem to the contrary nothwithstanding) idiom which
is  brash, racist, and loaded with "in your face" attitude. They (Blacks)
even  refer to much of it as "Gangsta Rap." I don't think contemporary Blacks

would consider Rap music successful if it didn't alienate old white farts
like you and me.

I the 50's, Art Carney rapped to "Twis the Night  Before Christmas" before
any Blacks started Rapping but the point being that  Blacks started Jazz here in
the US and they developed Rap. Both, original  American Music.

What we do with it and how we, as Americans and  Musicians do with it,
remains to be seen. They have been saying that OKOM is  Dead for so many years.
Maybe we will need to find another revival to bring it  back.

Maybe a mixture of "White" Jazz and  Rap?

Jazz  Hugs

Judie