[Dixielandjazz] European bands

Hans en Corrie Koert koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Thu Aug 17 11:32:59 PDT 2006

On guitar Ton van Bergeyk?

Frank Vignola: http://keepswinging.blogspot.com/2006/08/frank-vignola.html

Keep swinging

Hans Koert
http://www.keepswinging.opweb.nl

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com]Namens Cees van den
Heuvel
Verzonden: woensdag 16 augustus 2006 22:38
Aan: DJML
Onderwerp: [Dixielandjazz] European bands

Steve Barbone pointed to American trad stars, not regular bands, so
I'll restrict myself to that, for the moment

I'll take the bate by constructing a European all-star trad band.
Just from the top of my head.

Trumpet: Rod Mason, Bent Persson, Bert de Kort, Menno Daams
Trombone: Roy Williams (It does'nt get any better), Bert Boeren. Disck
Sleeman
Clarinet: Frits Kaatee, Anti Sarpilla, Bop Kaper, Dim Kesber
Banjo: Pim Hoogervorst !; Tom Stuip, Richard Endlich
Piano: Rob Agerbeek, Mike Goetz, Marcel Hendricks, Peter Beets
Bass: Frans Bouwmeester, Jos van Bueren, Jacques Kingma
Drums: Huub Janssen, Lu Ssanett; Charly Antolini

This was just a quick scan.  Without problems I can augment the list
tenfold.

Now my point:
In Europe we all know about Barret/Kellso/Reinhardt/Vache/etc. etc. and love
and respect
them. How many of you are familiar with the European names I mentioned?
If you say about 50% I stand corrected, otherwise I think my point (narrow
horizons)
is proven.

I keep on ducking.....

Cees van den Heuvel