[Dixielandjazz] Closing the lid a little

Cees van den Heuvel heu at bart.nl
Wed Aug 16 04:01:58 PDT 2006

Of course my statement was a generalisation, based on a focused
view and a couple of visits to various jazz festivals in the U.S.A.
Since this is Djml my focus was on trad jazz.
My goal was strirring up - and it worked-and a reaction to what
I read on DJML, even between the lines. As if everything is happening
in the USA (still speaking about trad  jazz) and the rest of the world
follows.
USA-trad bands: the tables may have been turned, so get your act
together (can't stop opening a little:Dutch disease..) and broaden
your horizon.

Cees van den Heuvel
http://www.revivaljassband.nl

P.S. In quoting my message the crucial part
" I know we all have to pay our
 debts to the originators, but it is time to see the truth, so that
 we can communicate on the right level."
was often omitted.