[Dixielandjazz] (no subject) handicapped

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Aug 14 13:02:18 PDT 2006

Guys;

There are exceptions to almost any situations of perceived
impossibilities,

  Many years ago when I was younger and a lot foolisher , I personally
allowed a Sightless friend of mine to drive one of my cars once, albeit
under reasonably controlled circumstances other than the fact that we
both had had a bit too much to drink and should have not done so.  We
did however do it on the soccer field in Golden Gate Park which in
itself was a big No No, and we are lucky we did not get caught.   I
also arranged on a private flight once for the pilot of a small plane
we were flying in to allow him to fly the plane for a few minutes,  not
sure if the pilot had it on automatic pilot or not, but there was not
much traffic in the air so it was a pretty safe flight and the pilot
took over for the landing :))   Yep! we had too much fun in those days.

And then there is that story about Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles and
two other sightless players playing golf and holding up the game, for
three foursomes behind them, the engineer in the foursome behind them
made the suggestion to the course management,  to speed up the game for
them and not discriminate against them at all would simply be to
arrange for them to Play at Night, when all the sighted folks would
then be handicapped and not be able to play.   Kind of like even out
the playing field and make everyone happy.

Cheers,

Tom