[Dixielandjazz] Americans in the UK Burke, Muscutt, Barnharts

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 12:29:58 PDT 2006

Meanwhile here in the UK where a language not unlike American is spoken, the
"H" word is never used, it became politically incorrect years ago and we
have to say "disabled", there was even a lobby for "differently abled" but
that didn't catch on :-)

BUT that's not the real purpose of this email.  Tomorrow (Tues 15th) Chris
Burke and Les Muscutt from New Orleans are guesting with us at The Famous
Trout, Lechlade Glos.  Music starts at 8.30, the beer's good, there are
snacks or more substantial meals and there are usually fish and chips
available in the interval.  If it's a nice evening you can sit  by the
Thames and listen to the music.  I didn't mention the gig before as Chris
and Les have been in Norway and I didn't know if their flight would operate.
Apparently we've been downgraded to a "severe" security alert now!

We shall also be playing host to Jeff and Anne Barnhart when they do a
programme of music from Baroque to Broadway to Jazz in Witney Oxon on Thurs
Sept 7th.  If you'd like details of this please email me and I'll attach a
poster file for you.  If you don't know Jeff, he's been coming forever to
the UK to play  and he's still only in his 30s..... A great talent on the
piano and he usually saves the jokes for between numbers.  Now that he's
been joined by his wife on flute, I gather he hasn't become any more
serious:-)

Jeff and Anne will be working at Bude  and so shall we..... probably not
enough of us for a face to face but come and say hello if you're there.
Festival website www.budejazzfestival.co.uk.

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire