[Dixielandjazz] Smooth Jazz . . . The label

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Aug 11 16:53:32 PDT 2006

Some years ago Boots Randolph was in St. Louis.  A company that manufactured
the Varitone attachments for the sax hired him to demonstrate.  On the
program was a symphony guy a Jazz musician and Boots who played, of course,
Country.  At the end of the program they had a jam session and Boots blew
away the Jazz musician and almost everyone that I knew at the time.  While
he was noted for country he was a really good Jazzer.  What guys do for
bucks sometimes is different than what they really love.  I had cocktails
with him afterward and was really blown away by his knowledge of Jazz.
Larry
St. Louis